Protect Your Credit – Don’t Be a Victim of Fraud
Kansas City Banking Rates helps you find low credit card rates from a multitude of sources. To obtain a card with the lowest rate available, be sure your credit is in good standing.
Consumers often believe they have a great credit score when they unknowingly have been the victims of credit card fraud. If your credit card information lands in the hands of someone else, your credit can take a dive in a hurry. When you find that credit card with a low interest rate, be sure to protect yourself from fraud by remembering to do the following:
- Don’t give credit card information over the phone. Unless you’re the one calling a reputable company, you should not ever comply with a caller’s request for personal financial information.
- Sign the back of your card. As soon as you receive a new credit card in the mail, be sure to add your signature.
- Don’t let anyone borrow your card. If a person is not an authorized user on your card, they should not have possession of it.
- Reconcile your statements. If you notice unusual charges on your statement, you can catch a fraudulent user before the problem gets out of hand.
- Only carry the cards you use. Don’t carry extra cards around with you. In the event your wallet or purse is stolen, having less cards means less of a mess on your hands.